Mr. Secretary-General, Excellencies, distinguished guests.
秘书长先生、各位阁下、尊敬的来宾。
To you, and to all the women and girls of the world – but also to all men and boys – I say: Happy Womens Day!
对你们, 特别是对世界上所有的妇女和女孩, 也对所有的男人和男孩,我说:国际妇女节快乐!
I am honoured to have been invited to speak.
我很荣幸被邀请发言。
Id like to on todays theme: " in women, ."
我想反思一下今天的主题:“投资于女性,加速进步”。
The , , , and of women in every of our , right our world - from to tech to to for their , often on top of a - these have never been more and .
世界各地社会各个领域的女性的创造力、洞察力、知识和专业知识——从足球运动员到科技企业家,到气候智能型农民,再到照顾家庭的家庭母亲,通常除了谋生之外- 这些技能从未如此先进且不可否认。
We all be so by the and of young women ; by the of women human .
我们都应该被年轻女性领导气候行动的决心和强烈声音所鼓舞;得益于女性人权捍卫者的勇气。
I must say, I am so moved by the of the more than 614 women and girls in areas the world, who are their alive in the face of and .
我必须说, 我个人对生活在世界各地冲突地区的超过 6.14 亿妇女和女童所表现出的非凡韧性感到非常感动,她们在面临破坏和贫困的情况下维持着家人的生存。
Today more than ever, we see women of power in all of .
今天,我们比以往任何时候都更多地看到女性在社会的各个方面占据权力职位。
Thank goodness.
谢天谢地。
After all, we are still, as we have been, half the world.
毕竟,我们仍然一如既往地占据着半个世界。
Which begs the : if we share this world in equal , why aren we ?
这就引出了一个问题:如果我们平等地分享这个世界,为什么我们没有得到平等的重视?
the , is that women are not .
因为持续存在的、可耻的现实是女性没有受到平等的重视。
Our is women.
我们当前的全球经济体系正在让女性失望。
Official Development Assistance (ODA) is more than 200 billion dollars.
官方发展援助(ODA)超过2000亿美元。
But just 4 per cent of ODA had and womens as a and just 0.3 per cent of ODA is women and girls.
但只有 4% 的官方发展援助将性别平等和妇女赋权作为主要目标,只有 0.3% 的官方发展援助旨在消除暴力侵害妇女和女童行为。
There is an what is so and what gets .
明确需要的内容与优先考虑的内容之间存在着令人震惊的差异。
So lets stop this and in women as we .
因此,让我们停止这种荒谬的双重标准,并最终投资于我们应得的女性。
For , these days, the world is more on than ever, even the vital by peace is the only true of .
例如, 如今, 世界在战争上的支出比以往任何时候都多,尽管和平带来的至关重要的稳定是进步的唯一真正推动者。
World 9% to a 2.2 last year.
去年世界军费支出猛增 9%,达到创纪录的 2.2 万亿美元。
How do we that that money was made , when a of it – an 360 each year - is the cost of key goals, the goals of and ?
当这笔钱的一小部分(每年额外增加 3600 亿美元)是实现包括消除贫困和饥饿在内的关键全球目标的性别平等的成本时,我们如何接受这笔钱是随时可用的?
Yet we are told "there just isn right now", "it isn the right time", " - be ".
然而,我们一再被告知“现在还不够”、“现在还不是时候”、“改变发生得很慢——要有耐心”。
I think I speak for a great many of us when I say the of have been .
当我说耐心的极限已经被彻底探索时,我想我代表了我们很多人。
If we value lives lived in and peace; lives lived fear of ; space in life for , and fair ;
如果我们珍视繁荣与和平的生活;生活无惧暴力;家庭生活中休闲、学习和公平收入的空间;
The to look ahead and be part of a new world of work,
展望未来并成为新工作世界一部分的机会,
then , we have the point where we can argue womens to share in such a world .
那么我们肯定已经达到了可以成功地争取妇女平等参与这样一个世界的权利的地步。
we can even agree that this is past the point of .
也许我们甚至可以同意,这件事已经没有争论的必要了。
So today, I ask you, each with your own power to , to vote, to , to spend - what do you truly value?
所以今天,我问你们,每个人都有自己的决定权、投票权、影响力、消费权——你们真正看重什么?
What will you lead in?
您将主导投资哪些领域?
Will you the we so need, and make this the where we and in women?
您会加速我们迫切需要的变革,让我们在此刻大胆而公平地投资于女性吗?
I hope so.
但愿如此。